Sarah Boiling Associates is a London-based independent consultancy working in the cultural sector. I specialise in audience development, research and evaluation and I offer advice, training and facilitation to arts and heritage organisations in the UK and internationally. I also work as a consultant with People make it work, an organisational development consultancy.
I have twenty years experience in the cultural sector, including senior roles at Tate, The Barbican and The Audience Agency. Since setting up as an independent consultant in 2015 I have worked with a wide variety of clients ranging from the BFI’s Film Audience Network, the British Council, and East London Cultural Education Partnership to Wardown House Museum, Drawing Room, the Roundhouse, Matt’s Gallery and Phakama.
In my work I believe in
- Being clear – I help people unpick complexity and bring clarity and focus to their work
- Being open – I enjoy experiencing a range of perspectives and considering fresh and new ideas
- Being practical – I combine thinking with doing, creating real and tangible results for my clients
- Listening – I like to hear from the people I work with about what’s important to them
- Asking questions – I don’t always have the answers, but I do ask the kind of questions which help clients find their own solutions
I am the chair of the board of Trustees at VocalEyes, a charity providing opportunities for blind and partially sighted people to experience and enjoy arts and culture.
I have a first degree in Art History, an MBA from Loughborough University, and I am an accredited Action Learning Facilitator.