Sarah Boiling Associates is a London-based independent consultancy working in the cultural sector. My focus is bringing culture closer to people and I do this through facilitation, research and evaluation with arts and heritage organisations in the UK and internationally. I also help organisations to create and embed meaningful change, and as an accredited Coach and Action Learning Facilitator, I work with individuals and groups to realise their ambitions and overcome their challenges.
I have twenty years experience in the cultural sector, including senior roles at Tate, The Barbican and The Audience Agency. Since setting up as an independent consultant in 2015 I have worked with a wide variety of clients ranging from the BFI’s Film Audience Network, the British Council, Arts Council England, Local Trust and East London Cultural Education Alliance to Wardown House Museum, Creative People and Places, the Roundhouse, Matt’s Gallery and Phakama.
I work by myself, and, on more complex and larger scale projects, with trusted colleagues as associates.
I am an accredited Coach and Action Learning Facilitator, I have enhanced DBS clearance, and am a member of the Museums Association, Visitor Studies Group, UK Evaluation Society, and Association for Coaching.
In my work I believe in
- Being clear – I help people unpick complexity and bring clarity and focus to their work
- Being practical – I combine thinking with doing, creating real and tangible results for my clients
- Listening – I like to hear from the people I work with about what’s important to them
- Learning – I enjoy experiencing a range of perspectives and considering fresh and new ideas
- Asking questions – I don’t always have the answers, but I do ask the kind of questions that help clients find their own solutions